Do You Have Acne On Your Forehead or Back?
Often we do not realize that we are actually aggravating acne with the hair products we use. For those who are acne prone paying close attention to the ingredients in your products such as sulfates (aka “sodium laureth sulfate” and “sodium lauryl sulfate”) which leave a film on your skin, can be responsible for acne. These eruptions will often surface in places like the forehead, between the eyebrows, scalp, hair line, back, shoulders and chest. If this is the pattern you are experiencing it is almost always your hair products. Just by making an easy change for products that are acne safe you can help extinguish current breakouts.
While knowing what ingredients that are in your hair products can be half the battle, keeping an eye out and AVOID problem oils such as; coconut oil, cocoa butter, sweet almond oil, carrot oil, olive oil, apricot kernel oil, palm kernel oil, Argan oil, Moroccan oil, vitamin E oil, grape seed oil, and wheat germ oil, plus many more! Instead, replace your current protocol with any of the following hair products that are ABQ Acne Clinic Approved!
Acne Safe Shampoo & Conditioners:
- Skintelligent Citrus/Sulfate Free Shampoo & Conditioner
- Cake Beauty Satin Sugar Refreshing Hair & Body Powder for Light/Dark Hues
- Cake Beauty Satin Sugar Sweet Fuss Free Volumizing Dry Shampoo Spray
- Batiste Dry Shampoo “Blush”
- Stila Crème Bouquet Hair Refresher
- NeilGeorge Refresh Dry Shampoo
- L’Oreal Paris EverPure Sulfate-Free Color Care System Smooth Shampoo ONLY!
- Malibu C Un Do Goo Clarifying Shampoo
- Malibu Scalp Wellness Shampoo/Conditioner
- AG Hair Cosmetics Moisture Shine Fast Food Sulfate-Free Shampoo
- Organix Mens Invigorating 3 in 1 Shampoo, Conditioner, Body Wash “Citrus Mint”
- Enjoy Sulfate-Free Luxury Shampoo
- Kirkland Signature Professional Salon Formula Moisture Shampoo
- Neutrogena T/Sal Therapeutic Maximum Strength Shampoo
- Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo
- EO performance Sweet Orange Clarifying Shampoo
- Broo Pale Ale Volumizing Shampoo
- Broo Shampoo Silky Spice Smoothing I.P.A.
- Broo Shampoo warm vanilla Hydrating Porter
Available at ABQ Acne Clinic:
- JOICO Color Endure Shampoo Sulfate-Free (Red Bottle)
- JOICO Color Endure Conditioner Sulfate-Free (Red Bottle)
- Wella “Elements” Daily Renewing Conditioner
- Chi Magnified Volume Shampoo (purple bottle)
- TRESemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Protective Spray
- TRESemme Tres Gel Mega Sculpting 5 Gel
- American Crew Hold Styling Gel
- John Frieda Frizz-Ease Original Serum
- Pantene Pro-V Curly Hair Style Curl Enhancing Spray Hair Gel
- Osis+ Hold Miracle Volume (Ultra Strong Cream Mousse)
- Paul Mitchell FIRMstyle Freeze and Shine Super Spray (Finishing Hair Spray)
- Paul Mitchell Worked Up (Working Spray)
- Naturally Curly Mira Curl Curling Gelly
- Malibu C Leave-in Conditioner Mist
- John Frieda Luxurious Volume Root Booster Blow Dry Lotion
- 2Chic Tangerine & Papaya butter Ultra-Volume Amplifying Styling Gel (Walgreens)
Learn how to choose truly acne safe hair product. Call us at 505.369.1680 today!
Kimberly Lovato LE, Acne Specialist