Almost Alfredo Chicken & Rice
Squash, optional (Amount you desire. Toss with real olive oil, sea salt and pepper.)
Chicken, optional (Amount you desire and already cooked).
16 oz package of Basmati, Wild or Brown Rice Noodle).
2 Tlbs Olive Oil (Using correct form of olive oil, i.e. “California Olive Ranch”)
3 Tlbs Butter flavored 100% pure Coconut Oil (adds a great butter flavor)
2 Tlbs of Refined Coconut Oil
1/3 cup of Diced Onion
½ of large clove or, one small clove of Garlic, pureed
¾ cup of Oat Flour
½ pint of Coconut Milk or Almond Milk
31/2 cups Chicken Broth (see recipe).
1 tsp of sea salt
1 Tbl of parsley
Dash of Sweet Basil
- Dice Squash by halves. Put the squash in a bowl. Toss with real olive oil, sea salt and pepper to taste. Mix together and lay evenly on a “correct type of oil” sprayed foil lined pan. Put in a 450° Roast for about 18 minutes stirring half way through cook time. After cooked, set aside.
- Cook your chicken the way you prefer and in the amount that you prefer. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Since you will be reheating the pasta, cook the pasta a little under Al dente. Depending on which type of pasta you are making, take the pasta off of boil 1 minute to ½ minute before Al dente. Strain the pasta. You may want to rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process. After straining, add the pasta back to the same pan you cooked it in. This is the pan that you will be adding the noodles and all ingredients together into.
- In a saucepan, add the real olive oil and heat till hot. Add the Onion and sauté on medium low heat until the onion is soft.
- Add the Garlic and sauté. About ½ a minute to 1 minute. Be very careful not to burn the garlic. Burnt garlic will taste sort of bitter.
- Add the Butter flavored Coconut Oil and the Refined Coconut Oil to the saucepan. Cook until hot. Put the heat to about medium.
- Add the oat flour. A little at a time. Whisk constantly until smooth. About 2 minutes. This mixture should be pretty thick.
- Add the coconut milk. A little at a time. Whisk constantly until smooth and creamy but still a little thick. Maybe like as thick cream of wheat. Add the sea salt, parsley, and sweet basil and continue to whisk together.
- Turn the heat to medium high, bring to a light boil.
- Add the chicken broth. A little at a time. Whisk often but not constantly to give it time to heat up well. Cook until smooth, creamy and slightly thick (about 15 min). Remember, you want your sauce the perfect texture to mix with the noodles and the other ingredients. Not to thick and not to runny. Also remember, the sauce will thicken as it sets.
- Pour the Sauce over the Noodles.
- Add the Squash and the Chicken.
- Mix together well and reheat until it is all hot.
- If you need to add more broth or milk, do so.
- It is ready to serve.
This pasta dish goes along well with a side salad. Enjoy!