Cabbage and Noodles
½ lb Ground Pork- packaged with no added salt (Can add iodine free sea salt).
½ lb Ground Turkey- packaged with no added salt. (Can add iodine free sea salt).
2 Tbs Olive Oil (Using correct form of olive oil, i.e. “California Olive Ranch”)
2 tsp Butter flavored 100% pure Coconut Oil (adds a great butter flavor)
½ large onion, diced
½ head of cabbage, chopped (approx. 6-7 cups)
¾ cup frozen peas or peas and carrots, steamed
8oz uncooked brown rice pasta (see grocery list for suggested brands).
Non-iodized sea salt and pepper to taste
A dash of granulated or fresh minced Garlic (optional)
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Al dente or just under (cooking too long can make noodles high glycemic). Drain and set aside
- In a large saucepan fry and crumble ground pork and ground turkey until done. Sea salt and pepper to taste. Add a touch of garlic if you want.
- Add real olive oil and butter flavored Coconut Oil. Add onion and cook till soft, about 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add cabbage. Cook until tender but not over cooked. (10-15 minutes).
- Stir in frozen/fresh peas and carrots, brown rice noodles, sea salt and pepper. Cook 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- You can also add extra flavor with soy free “Coconut Secret Aminos".